How to place an order
- Create a new account or log in if you already have an account.
- Click the Create order button found at the top of your Dashboard.
- Add items to your order by selecting an option from the Add an item to this order button.
- Use the search field at the top of the Add controlled drug form to search our drug database, then select the best match to pre-populate the form values. If a drug is not available in our database, please enter it manually with as much detail as possible.
- NDC number – please provide this if you have access to the original container. If the original container is not available, you will need to do a search to find the product that matches the drug name, strength and size. If you can’t find a match in our database, please ask the vendor or manufacturer of the product. See this article for more information.
- Quantity – please provide the measured quantity of the drug. Multiple full drugs can be entered as one item, but each partial must be added as separate items.
- Notes – if the identity of the drug is uncertain, please provide as much detail as possible including any notes that would provide clarification.
- Enter the weight of all controlled drugs in the Total weight of controlled drugs field.
- The total calculated price will then appear at the bottom–right of the page. Click Continue to confirmation when ready.
- On the confirmation page, review your order and confirm your delivery address and payment method.
- Submit the order. You will receive an order receipt by email. You can view all your orders on your Dashboard.
How to ship your return
- After placing your order, click the print shipping label button and follow the instructions.
- Within 3–5 business days after your order is paid, you will receive a return kit from us containing:
- Instructions on how to process the forms.
- The appropriate processing forms (DEA 222 for the C II drugs).
- A UPS return shipping label (if you have not printed it yet).
- When the return kit arrives at your location, please confirm that the details on the order are correct.
- Fill in the DEA Form 222 if you are submitting controlled substances. (For all C III-V drugs we will email you the transfer information. Only C II drugs require a DEA Form 222 for transfer.)
- You will need to fill in the quantity and date on the DEA Form 222 for each C II item.
- The green copy should be sent to your local DEA office (see DEA office locations).
- Retain the brown copy for your records.
- Your facility is required to confirm the control drugs you are sending back by matching them up to the inventory list. If any corrections are needed please contact us.
- Place the drugs in a sturdy box, and attach the included UPS return label to the box for shipment back to Far West Rx Disposal.
- Maximum weight per box must not exceed 50 pounds.
- Please weigh your shipment to ensure the weight of boxes corresponds with the weight specified in your order.
- Please pack each box with packing paper or bubble wrap.
- Liquids need to be sealed and put in a plastic bag in an upright position in the shipping box.
- Controlled substances need to be separated from any non-controlled substances in the shipping box.
- We are not responsible or liable for any damages UPS encounters during transport due to improper packaging.
- You can track your return status on your Dashboard.
- Far West Rx Disposal will confirm receipt of the delivery and keep records for up to three years (21 CFR 1304.04 (a)). Final disposition will be the destruction of all controlled substances through incineration. FWRD will send out a DEA Form 41 verification of destruction for all controlled substances and certificates of destruction for all pharmaceutical waste.
- Any order shipment not received within 60 days will be terminated and a new order will have to be placed.
DEA guidelines regarding controlled drug destruction. (21 CFR 1317)
Any DEA registered practitioner in lawful possession of a controlled substance in its inventory that desires to dispose of that substance can do so by sending to a reverse distributor. (21 CFR 1317.05)